- Let’s Move!: Former First Lady Michelle Obama’s program, Let’s Move: America’s Move to Raise a Healthier Generation of Kids
- Staying Active: An Exercise Guide for Kids: This page is full of free resources for anyone looking to help kids get excited about physical fitness.
- Media and Obesity in Children: Read the recent report on the role of media in childhood obesity from the Kaiser Family Foundation. The Role Of Media in Childhood Obesity PDF
- Fact sheets related to obesity (including childhood) from NAASO: The Obesity Society
- State of Childhood Obesity: Two national polls show that teachers and parents overwhelmingly agree that schools should provide access to healthy foods and daily physical education as a means to address the childhood obesity epidemic. These and other poll results are detailed in “Healthy Schools for Healthy Kids,” funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Registry of Children’s Obesity Efforts: Shaping America’s Youth is a national initiative to centralize information about the various ongoing efforts to fight obesity and inactivity among children and adolescents. Information will be obtained about intervention programs, funding sources, and ongoing research to increase physical activity and healthy eating behaviors and will be organized into a national, searchable database.
- NASPE Recommends More Physical Activity for Kids: The National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) has revised their physical activity recommendations for kids. In the revised report, “Physical Activity for Children: A Statement of Guidelines for Children Ages 5-12,” NASPE recommends at least 60 minutes and up to several hours of physical activity a day.
- Free Fact Sheet on Childhood Obesity: The Center for Health and Health Care in Schools has created a four-page fact sheet that summarizes key findings on the background and health consequences of childhood obesity.
- Childhood Obesity Healthcare: Find information on childhood obesity clinical guidelines, obesity care models and frameworks, health provider and practitioner resources, clinical growth charts, health information technology for obesity, parent resources and community childhood obesity research demonstration projects at CDC.gov website.
4650 Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Michael I. Goran